What things annoy me about Google Now on Chromebook? What things want to make me jump with joy? You will find out here. So I have been using Google Now/ Rich Notifications on my Chromebook for about 2 weeks now. A couple of things that I have noticed.
- Notifications Disappear even if I do not look at them? – This is very strange. I would assume that they would stick around till I look at them at least. I guess that is beta for you. I will submit a bug report on this later today.
- Pop Ups when you click notifications- these seem to be pretty intuitive. Mail opens in its own window where you can reply and archive the incoming message as you would expect. (screenshot below)
- Notifications only show for a limited amount of time- this can be quite annoying especially since they don’t stay put till you look at them.
To enable Google Now and Rich Notifications on your Chromebook or Chrome Browser please follow the steps below:
#1 Open a Chrome Browser window and navigate to chrome://flags
Overall I am glad that this is available and working whether buggy or not. I would definitely suggest enabling this on your Chromebook or Windows based Chrome browser if only for a day to see what we are looking forward to.
What other features do you wish that your Chromebook/ Chrome browser had?
Let me know in the comments section down below!
Make sure to hit that like and follow button on your way out!
- Google Now Anyone? (chromebookparadise.wordpress.com)
- The World Needs More Chromebooks (thiscrapistrue.wordpress.com)
- Living with Chromebook: Giving Google’s OS a second chance (reviews.cnet.com)
- ASUS Jumping on Chromebook Bandwagon (laptopmag.com)
- Google Now Anyone? (chromebookhowtos.wordpress.com)
- Living with Chromebook: Can you use it to actually get work done? (reviews.cnet.com)
- Chromebooks could be Google’s ultrabook (news.techeye.net)