If you have done any reading on chrome://flags then you know that some can be great and some can just be a hassle. In this post we will talk about the top 5 best flags to enable on your Chromebook and what benefits you will gain from them.
All flags below can be enabled by going to chrome://flags from any chrome browser.
#1 Immersive Fullscreen- This is a great feature that enables the toolbar of the browser to auto-hide when not needed. I highly recommend this one. It enables you to use all of your screen real estate when using apps and browsing the web. Notice in the screenshot below how the toolbar that is usually at the top is not there. If you want to see it simply just mouse up to the top and it will appear. Voila!
#2 Rich Notifications- This Flag enable a notification center for your Chrome OS desktop. It allows for open applications to notify of things that are going on no matter what you are looking at. Little notification bubbles pop up in the bottom right hand side of your screen. You can click on them and they open the app necessary to use them.#3 New Audio Handler/ Audio I/O Menu- These flag’s enable you to change the volume of your Chromebook, Change the input or output of audio on your Chromebook, and enable or disable Bluetooth devices, add or remove Bluetooth devices all from your Chromebooks settings tray.
#4 Workspace Scrubbing- This flag allows you to scroll through open windows/ workspaces using a 3 finger vertical pushing or pulling motion on the mouse pad. This allows to switch quickly for app to app. I use this app everyday to speed up productivity. Unfortunately due to keyboard strokes cancelling the action of scrubbing I am unable to give you a screenshot of what it looks like.
#5 Touchpad 3 Finger Swipe- This flags enables you to swipe with 3 fingers horizontally through tabs in a single browser window. This is great if you are a multi-tab user that is always having to click to the toolbar every time that you need to go to another tab on a single browser window.I use all of these flags everyday on my Chromebook. They all speed up my productivity on my Chromebook and make things a whole lot easier.
If you have any questions regarding any flags on your Chromebook that you are not to sure about let me know in the comments section down below.
Make sure to hit those like and follow buttons on your way out.
- Living with Chromebook: Can you use it to actually get work done? (reviews.cnet.com)
- How to Enable Immersive Fullscreen on your Chromebook (chromebookparadise.wordpress.com)
- Google Now Anyone? (chromebookparadise.wordpress.com)
- Google Now on Chromebook (chromebookparadise.wordpress.com)
- Top 5 Chromebook Tips and Tricks (chromebookparadise.wordpress.com)
- Calling all Chromebook User’s (chromebookparadise.wordpress.com)
- Living With a Chromebook: Can You Live With Just a Chrome Browser? (howtogeek.com)
- Maybe the Point of Chromebooks Isn’t Chromebooks (chromebookparadise.wordpress.com)